Data Protection Law Change on 25th May 2018
- 1st Floor Templeback, Temple Back, Bristol BS1 6FL
(Trading at Unit 2 Inveralmond Ind Est, Perth, Scotland PH1 3TT)
The policy is broken down into the following sections:
- What personal information is collected?
- How is the personal information used?
- How is the information shared or disclosed?
- How is the information kept safe?
- How long do we keep your personal information?
- How to get a copy of your personal information.
- How to let us know if your personal information is wrong.
- How to object to the use of your personal information.
- How to withdraw your consent.
- How to complain.
- What personal information is collected? Spectraglass is unable to provide you with our products and services if you do not provide certain information to us, therefore we collect the following information from you when you request a quotation and later become one of our customers: name, address, email, phone numbers (landline and mobile).Or when you provide us with a credit account and become one of our suppliers: name, address, email, telephone numbers (landline and mobile), and bank details.
- How is the personal information used? Spectraglass uses your personal information to fulfil your requests for products and services, to pay invoices you have provided us with, and to maintain your details. This will be to achieve a smooth working relationship between us.
- How is the information shared or disclosed? Spectraglass will not sell or rent your personal information to anyone. However, we will send your personal information to specific third parties in order to fulfil our obligations to you. For example, if we need to send your details to a recognised training body who provide certification.
- How is the information kept safe? We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.You are responsible for your contact information to us and you should notify us immediately of any unauthorised use of your emails, for example.
- How long do we keep your personal information? We will keep your personal information for as long as we have reasonable business needs, which include managing our ongoing relationship with you. Thereafter we will keep your personal information in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance.
- How to get a copy of your personal information. You have the right to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you at any time. Please contact us in writing at Spectraglass or by email email@example.com.
- How to let us know if your personal information is incorrect. You have the right to question any information we have about you that you think is wrong or incomplete. Please contact us if you want to do this and we will take reasonable steps to check its accuracy and correct it.
- How to object to the use of your personal information. You have the right to object to our use of your personal information, or to ask us to delete, remove, or stop using your personal information if there is no need for us to keep it. This is known as the ‘right to object’, and ‘right to erasure’, or the ‘right to be forgotten’.There may be legal or other official reasons why we need to keep or use your data, but please tell us if you think that we should not be using it.
- How to withdraw your consent. You can update your contact preferences at any time by contacting us firstname.lastname@example.org. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. If this is so, we will tell you.
- How to complain. Please let us know if you are unhappy with how we have used your personal information. You can contact us via our website, email email@example.com telephone or in writing. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. You can find out on their website how to report a concern.